Turn your candle tin into a recycled planter! ♻️🌱
We've been experimenting with a few fun DIY projects that you can easily do from home. All you need is one of our candle tins, some soil and a seed or small plant!
Here's what the final result should look like...
To make your own planter, follow these simple steps:
- Make sure that your candle has burned until it has about 1cm of wax remaining, then let the wax cool until it's solid.
- Pour a kettle-full of boiling hot water into the tin, then let it cool for a few hours (until a disk of wax floats to the top and is solid).
- 'Pop' out the disk then wipe the inside of the tin with a paper towel or cloth.
- If the wick is loose, use a pair of tweezers or pliers to remove it. If not, pour more boiling water onto the wick base to loosen the adhesive then remove it.
- Once the tin is clean, fill it with soil and plant a seed of your choice!
- Grow your plant on a window sill until it's big enough to transfer outside.
Once you've followed the steps above, we'd love to see some photos of your recycled planters and creations using our tins!