Turn your candle tin into a recycled planter! ♻️🌱
We've been experimenting with a few fun DIY projects that you can easily do from home. All you need is one of our candle tins, some soil and a seed or small plant!
Here's what the final result should look like...
To make your own planter, follow these simple steps:
- Make sure that your candle has burned until it has about 1cm of wax remaining, then let the wax cool until it's solid.
- Pour a kettle-full of boiling hot water into the tin, then let it cool for a few hours (until a disk of wax floats to the top and is solid).
- 'Pop' out the disk then wipe the inside of the tin with a paper towel or cloth.
- If the wick is loose, use a pair of tweezers or pliers to remove it. If not, pour more boiling water onto the wick base to loosen the adhesive then remove it.
- Once the tin is clean, fill it with soil and plant a seed of your choice!
- Grow your plant on a window sill until it's big enough to transfer outside.
Once you've followed the steps above, we'd love to see some photos of your recycled planters and creations using our tins!
You can send them directly to us via Facebook, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org